Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend haul

Hello everyone. I was going to post this on saturday but I got a amazing suprize. My husband had the weekend off. This is a big deal as he works 7 days a week, 12 hour shifts and nights. We get about 20 min a day togather as he is asleep or at work while me and the Well any ways on to why you are here, The haul for the weekend.

Normally I have a set rotation of stores that I go to . In a week I will visit Joanns, hobby lobby, dollar castle ( local huge dollar store) micheals, and the chain dollar store. For some reason I am drawing a blank on the name I think it is family dollar. I check the clearance as joanns has some amazing clearance, or I use coupons to stock up on items that I use alot of in my glitter mixes. I set out on Saturday to do the "craft trap" where I visit everyone of these stores in a day. But on my way out I decided to visit Crafts 2000. Its a discount craft store. I don't go here very often as they are 31 miles from my house and about a 30 min drive. I save these trips for about once every 6 months.
Well let me tell you This trip was soooooo worth it. I found some amazing and I mean  amazing deals. Like a 12 pack of Martha Stewart mylar glitter for ......... 4 bucks! Yeah ladies that's right I said 4 whole dollars. Or how about a 12 pack of Martha Stewart metallic bars for...... 3.50. I got the 12 pack of neon glitter for 7 bucks. They were running a sale on all Martha Stewart crafts. They are already cheaper then joanns and micheals  for example the neon pack is 24.99 at Joannas and 19.99 at Micheals at crafts 2000 they are 15.49. That is there everyday price pretty good as I pay that at joanns with a coupon. There sale was 50 % off all Martha Stewart. I didn't know this when I got some of my packs but they were on clearance and the discount applied to them . I got 4, 12 packs of Martha glitter for 18 bucks. That is cheaper then one pack at micheals. So pretty amazing deal if you ask me and the great thing was that they were ones that I needed and wanted.


I also got some storage at some really good prices. 2 packs of small square stack able containers. Each pack contains 10 containers. I got them both for a buck!
They are the perfect size for small nail art items or for glitter. I also found a compartmented container for my 3d molds for 1.10. It is the perfect size and will fit all 90 of my molds. And I can even put them by category.
I don't know what I am going to do with the last container I got but it was 1.47 and has 4 pull out multi compartmented containers, and even a handle to carry them. I don't have a use right this second but I will come up with one I am sure. You can never have to much storage.

There glitter selection wasn't that big, but they did have things that I have never seen in other crafts stores. I picked up a couple of new glitters. The most unique and expensive one is a crushed glass glitter .
It has such an amazing sparkle to it. I am betting it can add sparkle to matte glitters with out adding metallic glitters or extra color to mixes. I have already used it in a mix and the light catches the glass just right. I got a large jar for 3.40.  But you do have to be careful as it is glass.
I got 2 white glitter tubes that are iridescent I got them because of there shape. They arnt square or uniform in shape thet are more like small flakes. One is white and one is more clear each was 1.10. I also found a tube of large red hex glitters in there dollar bins.

In there dollar bins I also found tubes of micro beads for 50 cents I picked up all the colors they had available. 50 cents for 36 grams is a very very good deal.
There is a clear, metallic purple, clear purple and clear multi color.
I also picked up a few items for scrap booking.  My total for everything was 39 bucks with tax. While checking out I got some high dollar coupons for later this month and was informed that their loyalty card that is 20 bucks a year and gives you even more off everyday is going to be free that same day. So I will be going back in a few weeks.

I know that you are all wondering about the store. They are very limited on numbers of stores and are not located in a lot of states under the name crafts 2000 but they are also Pat Catans in some states so if you have either one of these in your area and are looking for some good deals check them out!! You wont be disappointed they have everything minus fabric, and they are bigger then most Joann's and Micheals.

I did go to joanns but only picked up a package of cards to mail out my glitter mixes in. I used a 15% off total purchase coupon and the item was 30% off already. I got 24 thick glitter cards with envelopes normally 5.99 for 3.29 with tax. I had to go grocery shopping and the kids were getting cranky so I didn't hit the other stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment