Friday, April 5, 2013

Mail Call!!

Mail came and I got an amazing package. Well actually 2 packages. During my search for supplies to make my acrylic glitter mixes I came to find Shannon at BoroughBabeSupply on etsy. She sells glitter and nail polish making supplies. I ordered one of her sampler sets, 25 1 tbsp bags of solvent resistant glitter and a bag of agitator beads for 25 bucks, that's less then a dollar and item. Her shipping cost is very good also it was only 3 bucks. so total for all the glittery goodness 28 bucks. If you have ever looked for solvent resistant glitter online you know that this is an amazing price, one of the best that I have found short of buying in bulk. Shannon was amazing to deal with. I made a few requests regarding my order and she was more then willing to fill them. Everything was package very nicely for shipping and even wrapped in tissue, made me feel like I was getting a present :) The glitters are awesome!! The assortment is a good one, with matt, holo, shapes, neon, bars, and size she even had 2 that looked like her own mixtures in there. She even labeled every bag with what was inside. I am very happy with my order from her and will be going back to her again. Here is the link to her etsy store BoroughBabeSupply I highly Recommend her.


Yesterday In my steals and deals post I told you about some acrylic molds well mine came and they were soo worth the 12 bucks. I have already spent a few hours playing with them. They came loose in a bag, for some that may be a problem, for me not so much. That is the only problem I have found with them so far. The images are clear, they release easily, the molds them self are good quality. Very sound investment. And the best thing is that you don't have to have acrylic nails to use them. You can mold the item you want let it set up for a few pop it out and use your real nail to shape the back so it will  sit flat on the nail. A little glue or top coat place it on your nail top coat over and your done. Or if you are more daring you can fill the mold and while it is still tacky place it directly over your painted and top caoted nail ( protecting your real nail) and it will set right on your nail no glue needed. Buff a little and topcoat and your done cute 3D designs. I have soo many ideas swimming in my head of nails that I want to do.
As I was playing and figuring out how to use them I got a little excited and pulled one out a little too soon and it stuck to me. let me tell you the bond is strong! I am a picker for sure and after hours have not been able to pick it off. So if you want a more stable bond I would recommend letting it set to your nail while in the mold vs the glue method. I will leave it on and let you know how long it last.

Like I said I played for a few hours. I got some glitter acrylic in a set that I ordered off the Internet so all of them are made using that. I even used some of my own glitter mixes. I found using my mixes that using more detailed molds wasn't that good of a turn out. There was no definition or detail really, It was there just couldn't see it that well . Maybe using finer glitter mixes would have a better out come as the one I used was more chunky.  I will play some more and post the out comes.
I even tried two toned ones to bring out more detail. The process for that is very simple I am going to make a detailed tutorial on how to use the molds and how to get multiple effects from the same mold in the future. I am waiting on an order of acrylic monomer to come in and I will get that up when it does.
This is how I have them stored  for now but seeing as I have 60 more coming this will not work in the future. I will find a better way to store them and let you guys now when I do. If you have any ideas or away that you store them that works for you please let me know. I am always looking for better ways to store my growing collection.

So all in all the molds are awesome and a ton of fun. The possibilities are endless! If you like 3d nail art or are just looking for a way to dress up your nails now and then pick up a pack and go to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment