Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A little of everything

So today I have a manicure, a review and some frankin polish for you. A few weeks ago I ordered some kleancolor nailpolsih off of eBay. I haven't seen it in any store around me and was in love with a few of the colors , ok a more then a few. I got 24 colors for 35 bucks shipped. I was soo excited and in love with the color selection that I was going to order another 24. I decided to wait until I got my order and I am glad I did. I will get to why in a minute. Lets start with my manicure.
Just a simple polish job today as I was feeling a little lazy last night and it was late. The base is kleancolor #14 neon aqua. coated with a glitter polish of my own creation called Static age ( more on that to come) with seche as my top coat.
With the flash it is more true to color.
So this is where I run in to my problem and dislike of kleancolor. I have done my nails multiple times with this stuff and every time I find another reason not to like it. I am in love with the black chunky halo and would wear it all the time but its funky! I used a quick dry oil on it one time, and it turned hazy. the glitter in it lost all color and shine and the black jelly turned into a milky grey color. Very ugly looking,  Strike one! I used another color a week later and it never really set even with seche and a quick dry oil. On top it was dry to the touch but wrinkled and moved even after an hour of dry time. Strike two! Well not wanting to admit that this stuff sucked I tried again last night. I did my nails at about 11 pm last night was in bed by midnight. Everything was looking good. I didn't turn hazy it was dry completely I was in the clear. NOT! By 9 am today it was popping , not chipping here and there no, the entire polish was coming of in one sheet.
By 11 am it was completely off.
I have never run into this problem ever. Not even with the cheapest of polish. It was like it shrunk. It was really hard also. So I am calling it strike 3 and its out!! I would not recommend this product to any one. Its sad to because I love the colors, they are super easy to apply and have great coverage. So I am bumed. What to do with 24 colors of polish that suck?? Maybe I will try again one day just not right now. I am to angry at it.

Now one to some frankin polish!! I love so many of the indie polishes out there and one day I will own a ton but right now I don't own any (sad face) Hubby wont let me buy them until I sell more of my glitter mixes. He says I have to support my own habit. I was just turned on to indie polishes like 3 months ago and have been drooling over some of them since. I have done a bunch of reading on what goes into them and all, thinking that it might be something I would like to get into. So when I got some glitter off of ebay that wasn't quite what I expected I knew just what to do with it.:) I had some glitter wet and wild that I didn't really like so I used it as a base and made something that I did like and would wear.
The first is Static age. A mix of matte black and white squares, hex, bars and random flake in a small halo base. I love this polish for what it is but would love one that didn't have the halo glitter in it. Maybe its time to invest in some glitter base clear so I can do it right, or maybe I should just buy that one I have had my eye on for awhile.
I threw together one last weekend and wore it for a few days and yup you guessed it I LOVE IT!!!
I haven't named it yet :(Its a mix of electric blue, lavender, whit,e and black in a halo glitter base so amazingly pretty in the bottle and on my nails!!
One coat over different polishes. Isn't it pretty??
2 think coats of it over a clear nail. It looks good on its own or as a top coat. It is one of my favorite glitter polishes. I have to say with my very small step into frankin polish land that I do like it and maybe one day would like to do it on a bigger level but for now I am happy just playing with it and using up stuff that I couldn't use for my glitter mixes.

Well there you have it ladies, you got a review a manicure and some frankin polish all in one posting. talk about killing 2 birds with one stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment