Monday, April 22, 2013

SickLacquers indie polish review

Hello everyone,  tonight I bring you my review of 2 polishes by Sicklacquers. SickLacquers is owned by Peggie and Jonathan their shop can be found on etsy I will give you all the links later in the review.  When I started this blog not that long ago I knew I wanted to do reviews on indie polish. I contacted Peggie asking her if I could do a review of her polish and she agreed. I was soo excited my first true review!!! So to Peggie and Jonathan Thank you for this I hope you like what I have to say. On to the review...........

I was sent 2 brand new not even in their store polishes. They arrived in a bubble mailer each one wrapped in bubble wrap nice and safe. All good there. She included like I said 2 mini polishes, 2 stir sticks and her card with all info.

The glitter polishes she sent me were Grapes and Ocean Tides. There is tons and I mean tons of glitter in each one of these. 
I will start with Grapes as that was my fav and the first one I wore. Grapes has a mixture of metallic, matte and holographic glitter, in a wide array of colors. If you just thought about the colors and finishes and sizes together you wouldn't think they worked together but they do and they do it well. There is a lot going on in this one but it isn't over whelming or a jumbled mess.
  2 shades and sizes of matte purple hexies,matte light green hexies,2 shades of micro green , micro gold, holographic pick squares and hexies and blue bars.
one coat of grapes over black, white and clear polish with no topcoat.
It is very hard to actually catch all the colors in this one believe me I tried.
It is sooo pretty and funky I LOVE IT!!
I did give it a good shake and a stir before I started.  I didn't need to re shake the bottle a lot during painting, once in between hands. For a chunky glitter polish this was super easy to apply one stroke magic if you will. The glitter stayed nicely in the polish with out lifting up or causing to much texture.  I used one coat of sache vite and it was smooth as glass. I wish I could tell you how long and how durable it is but sadly I can not. Remember I said I used sache vite yeah in less the 24 hours this lovely polish was popping off in chunks. I do not feel that it was the glitter polish at all but my sache as my last 10 manicures have done this. I am not a fan of sache right now! SO I will try this one again and will update you guys as to its wear and tear. Other then the sache problem I enjoyed this one a lot and would totally recommend it to any one.

Ocean tides is the other one she sent me, and this is almost all glitter. All the glitter is matte giving it a more subdued look and feel and even the colors are muted with just a bit of teal for a pop of color. In the bottle I didn't care for it to much but when I put it on I fell for it.
Light blue medium squares, small light blue hexies, large pale green hexies and medium teal hexies.
2 coats over black, white and clear 1 coat top coat

I found this one to be dryer then grapes making it slightly harder to apply and get a nice coverage. when I said this one had a lot of glitter I meant it and I think that's why it is soo dry. Other then It being a hair more difficult to apply and needing 2 coats this was a very nice glitter also. The glitter laid flat, didn't add a lot of texture (glitter texture like sand paper drives me nuts and I have to get it off my fingers) And most importantly this manicure lasted!! Dry time wasn't bad either like 10 min on the swatches I did.
2 coats wet and wild white with 2 coats ocean tides top coat sache vite ( see the bubbles? I think I got a bad bottle or something) Day one
Same manicure day 5, mind you I was gardening, did tones of house work (spring cleaning) and I have 2 kids under the age of 4 so I am really hard on my hands. A manicure chips on me in the first 24 hours and I can maybe get 3 days before its to bad. This one would have lasted longer but I got board and wanted something new :)

So over all I am happy with them both and can say that I would buy more from SickLacquers. I did talk to Peggie and she informed me that they do custom orders a lot. SO if you don't see what you like contact her she may be able to make it for you as she does pigments also. She also told me that for the most part all polish is made to order I found that kind of interesting. They sell 5 ml bottles for 3.50 and and 15 mls for 7 bucks shipping starts at 2 bucks. Also they are 3 free. SO if you are looking for something new or have an idea check them out at SickLacquers on etsy. They also just started a pinterest or you can friend them on facebook.

I hope you all found this informative and if you have any suggestions or questions let me know. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment