Saturday, April 20, 2013

Small sale polish haul with swatches!

So I got these last weekend and just haven't been able to post until now. Sorry about the delay I have been super super busy getting my new line of glitter mixes ready for sale. I am just waiting on my acrylic order and I will get those posted for you all.  Back to the polishes.
I got these first four at meijers.
Black Satin 430

I have never used a RIMMEL nail polish so I can not say weather or not I like them. These were on sale I think 20% off plus I had a dollar off coupon so I think it was like 2 bucks. I did use this right away, I was going to see if it really did last as long as stated but do to an issue with my top coat.. I feel victim to seche Vite's shrinkage and didn't even know thats what is was. My last 10 manicures have had issues and I thought it was for different reasons. But after doing some research I found out it was Seche. Oh how I hate to love you. So due to some minor complications it only lasted less the 24 hours. I found that it needs 2 to 3 coats to get a good coverage it is a very thin polish. I will redo my nails with this again in the future and let you know how long it really last.
3 coats with china glaze top coat in sunlight

New Years kiss and Rock'n'Roll from Fergie

These were on sale by one get one. I got both for around 3 bucks. I tested both of these on one nail and found them very gritty almost like sandpaper. when I swatched them out 2 thick coats of china glaze topcoat later and they were still pretty textured. I have yet to do my nails with them. They have pretty good coverage with just one coat and are not to thin or to to thick. Very easy to apply. I cant say that I like or don't like at this point but I can say that the texture thing bugged me all day until I took the polish off.
2 coats rock'n'Roll with 2 coats cg topcoat in sunlight
2 coats New Years Kiss with 2 coats CG topcoat in sunlight



Lexington Yellow

I just grabbed this one because I have been looking for a yellow for a gradient manicure I want to do. Yellow is a very hard color to find the right shade in. This one isn't a bright yellow but not a pale yellow either. It kinda looks like lemon yellow I guess? Not really the shade I wanted but close enough. I think it was 1.97 maybe cheaper.
2 coats with CG topcoat with flash ( its a little more mute then this shows)

The Next three were Clearance steals at Walgreens.


Mesmerizing Magenta ( Limited edition)

I am not a huge pink person but this one is soo pretty. A nice bright pink with purplelish shimmer to it. I did my little ones nails with this one. It covers very nicely and one her lasted for 24 hours. That's pretty good seeing as most last like and hour. shes 3 and picks at her nails but I cant get away with not doing her nails when I do mine. I cant wait to use this one on myself. On clearance for 1.13 from 7.99.
2 coats with CG topcoat with flash to so sparkle  true to color.

OK these last 2 are very very close but are not the same..... Don't judge me... They arnt the same I swear. :)

Drop dead gorgeous and the queens ambition by loreal

I love galaxy nails and do them on myself alot at least once a month. I have been looking for a perfect black for the background and did I ever. I found two!
drop dead gorgeous 2 coats with CG clear


The Queens ambition 2 coats with CG clear

side by side

As you can see they are totally different. Drop dead has a finer sparkle to it and the queens ambition is a little bigger. Both of them are soo pretty and would make perfect star fields for galaxy nails I just had to get them both and at 1.49 a piece Why not! Right? Normally 6.99.

Over all it was a good nail polish haul day.



On a side note. I know so far it has been alot of hauls and mail calls that is soon to change. I am just starting out and have alot of things in the works for you all I swear! I have a few indie polish reviews coming one will be posted Sunday or Monday night I am just waiting on the shop owner to post them so I can post my review. I also have some nail art tutorials I am editing there is also alot of other things in the mix. I have a problem with time management so for that I am sorry but I promise things are just getting good and will continue to get better so just stick with me here.  Also I am going to try my hand at videos Tri pod is on the way! v

No comments:

Post a Comment